Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (31-July-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Six Indians in Men’s Singles
- Two Indians in Women’s Singles
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- Two Indian team in Mixed Doubles
We have Six Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world.
- 22: Parupalli Kashyap still remains unchanged on 22nd position
- 29: K.Srikanth has moved up one position from 30th position to 29th position
- 34: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt still remains unchanged on 34th position
- 39: Sourabh Varma has dropped by one position from 38th position to 39th position
- 42: Anand Pawar also unchanged on 42nd position
- 50: H. S. Prannoy has dropped by one position from 49th position to 50th position
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 7: Saina Nehwal has unchanged on 7th position
- 11: P.V.Sindhu still remains on 11th position
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 38: Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy still remains unchanged on 38th position.
- 39: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar still remains unchanged on 39th position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 21: Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta still remains unchanged on 21st position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 43: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa have remain unchanged on 43rd postion.
- 49: Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balam have remain unchanged on 49th position.
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.