Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (18-07-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Five Indians in Men’s Singles
- Two Indians in Women’s Single
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Mixed Doubles
We have five Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world.
- 22: Parupalli Kashyap has dropped by one position from 21st to 22nd position
- 31: K.Srikanth still remains unchanged on 31st position
- 34: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt has moved up one position from 35th to 34th position
- 38: Sourabh Varma still remains unchanged on 38th position
- 42: Anand Pawar has moved up one position from 43rd to 42nd position
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 7: Saina Nehwal has unchanged on 7th position
- 11: P.V.Sindhu still remains on 11th position
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 38: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar have moved by one position from 39th to 38th position.
- 42: Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy have moved up two position from 44th to 42nd position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 21: Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta still remains unchanged on 21st position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 43: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa have dropped by one position from 42nd to 43rd postion.
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.