Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (19-06-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Five Indians in Men’s Singles
- Two Indians in Women’s Single
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Mixed Doubles
We have five Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world.
- 18: Parupalli Kashyap has moved up two position from 20th to 18th position
- 29: K.Srikanth raises has dropped by six position from 23rd to 29th position
- 34: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt also dropped by four position from 30th to 34th position
- 38: Sourabh Varma has dropped by three position from 35th to 38th position
- 49: Anand Pawar has moved up three position from 44th to 41st position
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 9: Saina Nehwal has dropped by one position from 8th to 9th position
- 10: P.V.Sindhu still remains on 10th position
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 44: Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy have dropped by five position from 39th to 44th position.
- 45: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar have moved up two position from 47th to 45th position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 26: Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta have moved up six position from 32nd to 26th position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 38: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa still remains unchanged on 38th position.
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.