Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (29-05-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Eight Indians in Men’s Singles
- Two Indians in Women’s Single
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Mixed Doubles
Sai Praneeth again added into top 50 Rank. Now We have Eight Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world.
- 13: K.Srikanth raises to 13th position in world ranking
- 21: Parupalli Kashyap also remains unchanged on 21st position
- 30: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt still remains on 30th position
- 34: Ajay Jayaram drops from 33rd to 34th position
- 36: Sourabh Varma has dropped by one position from 35th to 36th position
- 42: H.S Prannoy still remains on 42nd position
- 49: Anand Pawar has dropped by one position from 48th to 49th position
- 50: Sai Praneeth has moved up one positions from 51st to 50th position
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 8: Saina Nehwal still remains on 8th position.
- 10: P.V.Sindhu back to 10th position.
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 44: Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy have moved up two position from 46th to 44th position.
- 49: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar also still remains on 49th position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 32: Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta have moved up four position from 36th to 32nd position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 38: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa has moved up three position from 41st to 38th position
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.