Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (15-05-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Seven Indians in Men’s Singles
- Two Indians in Women’s Single
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Mixed Doubles
We have Seven Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world.This week no changes on players position
- 18: K.Srikanth still remains on 18th position
- 21: Parupalli Kashyap also remains unchanged on 21st position
- 30: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt still remains on 30th position
- 33: Ajay Jayaram still remains on 33rd position
- 35: Sourabh Varma also still remains on 35th position
- 42: H.S Prannoy still remains on 42nd position
- 48: Anand Pawar still remains on 48th position
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 8: Saina Nehwal still remains on 8th position.
- 11: P.V.Sindhu still remains on 11th position.
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 46: Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy still remains on 46th position.
- 49: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar also still remains on 49th position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 36: Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta still remains on 36th position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 41: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa still remains on 41st position
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.