Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week (24-04-2014).
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Eight Indians in Men’s Singles
- Three Indians in Women’s Single
- Two Indian team in Men’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Women’s Doubles
- One Indian team in Mixed Doubles
We have eight Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles players in the world
- 17:K.Srikanth drop down from rank No. 18 to 17
- 20:Parupalli Kashyap has dropped by one position from 19 to 20th position
- 30:Ajay Jayaram still remains on 30th position
- 33:Sourabh Varma also still remains on 33rd position
- 38:R.M.V.Gurusaidutt rise from rank 40 to rank 38th position
- 40:H.S Prannoy has moved up one position from 41st to 40th position
- 45:Anand Pawar still remains on 45th position
- 49:B. Sai Praneeth drop to 49th position from 45th position
We have three ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 8: Saina Nehwal still remains on 8th position.
- 10: P.V.Sindhu still remains on 10th position.
- 49: Arundhati Pantawane has dropped by one position from 48th to 49th position.
We have two Men’s Doubles team from India in the top fifty men’s doubles players in the world this week
- 48: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar drop down from 45th position to 48th position.
- 50:Manu Attri and B. Sumeeth Reddy has dropped to 50th position from 47th position.
We have one Indian team in Women’s Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 41:Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta still remains on 41st position.
We have one Indian team in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 37:Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa have moved up one position from 38th to 37th position
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.