Indian Badminton League organisers have announced the points system to be used in IBL 2013.
- In each tie, each team will play five matches against the other team.
- Each team will get one point for each match the team wins.
- For winning the tie, one extra point will be awarded.
Here are some examples:
- If a team wins a tie 5-0, the winning team gets 6 points and the losing team gets zero points.
- If a team wins a tie 4-1, the winning team gets 5 points and the losing team gets 2 points.
- If a team wins a tie 3-2, the winning team gets 4 points and the losing team gets 3 points.
At the end of each tie, there will also be a ‘Player of the Tie’ award which goes to the best player during the tie.