Indian Badminton League organisers have announced the points system to be used in IBL 2013.
Vodafone IBL 2013
- In each tie, each team will play five matches against the other team.
- Each team will get one point for each match the team wins.
- For winning the tie, one extra point will be awarded.
Here are some examples:
- If a team wins a tie 5-0, the winning team gets 6 points and the losing team gets zero points.
- If a team wins a tie 4-1, the winning team gets 5 points and the losing team gets 2 points.
- If a team wins a tie 3-2, the winning team gets 4 points and the losing team gets 3 points.
At the end of each tie, there will also be a ‘Player of the Tie’ award which goes to the best player during the tie.
Player of The Match – IBL 2013
Darren Liew has been picked up as the replacement for Wong Wing Ki who was injured during the World Badminton Championships in China.
Malaysian national Darren Liew is currently ranked 16th in Mens Singles and it will be interesting to see how his addition changes the composition of the Delhi Smashers team.
While Hu Yun from China has been picked already by Banga Beats during the IBL 2013 auction, the Chinese shuttler has not been cleared by the Chinese Badminton Association yet, to be exempted from playing in the Chinese National Badminton Championships, which clash with the IBL dates this year.
It will be very interesting to see what happens if Hu Yun is not released on time for the IBL matches starting next week.