World Badminton Championships 2013 is held in Guangzhou, China from 5th August 2013 to 11th August 2013.
We will bring you live the Indian results in this tournament and also the live scores of all the matches.
Live Scores of World Badminton Championships 2013
- P.V.Sindhu loses to Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand 10-21, 13-21 in straight sets and is out of World Championships 2013. However she is assured of a bronze medal, the first for India in Women’s Singles.
- 13th seeded Parupalli Kashyap lost to 6th seeded Du Pengyu 21-16, 20-22, 15-21 in a hard fought three setter in the Mens Singles Quarter finals today. Kashyap had actually won the first set and was serving 20-19 to close out the match, but Du Pengyu showed his experience to come back and win the second set and then close out the third set easily at 21-15.
- P.V.Sindhu defeated Wang Shixian 21-18, 21-17 to move into the semi-finals and created history by securing a medal in the World Championships in Women’s Singles for India.
- Saina Nehwal lost to 13th seeded Yeon Ju Bae of Korea in straight sets 21-23, 9-21, thus crashing out of the World Championships.
- Parupalli Kashyap continued his amazing form by upsetting sixth seeded Yun Hu of Hong Kong 21-13, 21-16.
- Saina Nehwal defeated Porntip Buranaprasertsuk of Thailand 18-21, 21-16, 21-14 in 52 minutes.
- P.V.Sindhu caused the biggest upset in the Womens Singles category so far by defeating second seeded Wang Yihan of China 21-18, 23-21.
- Parupalli Kashyap won his second round comfortably when his opponent Peter Koukal from Czech Republic retired when Kashyap was leading 14-5 in the first set.
- Ajay Jayaram lost to Pablo Abian of Spain 9-21, 17-21 in 31 minutes.
- P.V.Sindhu defeated Kaori Imabeppu of Japan in three sets, 21-19, 19-21, 21-17.
- Saina Nehwal defeated Olga Golovanova of Russia 21-5, 21-4 in 23 minutes.
- Arun Vishnu and Tarun Kona lost to 15th seeded Alvent Yulianto Chandra and Markis Kido of Indonesia 15-21, 21-13, 17-21.
- Ajay Jayaram defeated 12th seeded Wing Ki Wong of Hong Kong 22-20, 17-21, 21-15 to cause the first big upset of this tournament.
- 13th seeded Parupalli Kashyap defeated Raul Must of Estonia 19-21, 21-14, 21-9 to enter into the second round of the tournament.
- Aparna Balan and Siki Reddy lost to Lauren Smith and Gabrielle White of England 15-21, 17-21.
- Ashwini Ponnappa and Pradnya Gadre lost to Line Damkjaer Kruse and Marie Ropke of Denmark 23-21, 18-21, 17-21.
Both the Indian teams lost in the first round of the mixed doubles event.
- Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa lost to Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Miyuki Maeda of Japan 18-21, 21-12, 19-21.
- Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan lost to Min Chun Liao and Hsiao Huan Chen of Taipei 16-21, 16-21.