Let us see how our Indian junior players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) Junior rankings this week.
Here is a quick look at the latest rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world junior rankings this week.
- Three Indians in Men’s Singles Juniors
- Three Indians in Women’s Singles Juniors
- Two Indian teams in Men’s Doubles Juniors
- Two Indian players in Women’s Doubles Juniors
- Two Indian players in Mixed Doubles Juniors
Men’s Singles – Juniors
We have three Indians in the top 50 Men’s Singles Junior players in the world this week.
- 5: Harsheel Dani remains unchanged on 5th position.
- 14: Rohit Yadav remains unchanged on 14th position.
- 21: Aditya Joshi also remains unchanged this week
Women’s Singles – Juniors
We have three ladies in the top 50 Women’s Singles Junior players in the world this week.
- 6: Ruthvika Shivani remains unchanged on 6th position
- 19: Rituparna Das remains unchanged on 19th position.
- 23: P.V.Sindhu remains unchanged this week.
Men’s Doubles – Juniors
We have two men from India in the Top 50 Men’s Doubles Junior players in the world this week.
- 42: Santosh Ravuri remains unchanged on this week
- 45: Hema Nagendra Babu remains unchanged on 45th position
Women’s Doubles – Juniors
We have two women from India in the Top 50 Women’s Doubles Junior players in the world this week.
- 40: J.Meghana remains unchanged on 40th position.
- 41: K.Maneesha remains unchanged this week
Mixed Doubles – Juniors
We have two women from India in the Top 50 Mixed Doubles Junior players in the world this week.
- 24: K.Maneesha remains unchanged on 24th position.
- 42: J.Meghana also remains unchanged on 42nd position.
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.
Krrish Delhi Smashers played Pune Pistons in the opening match of IBL 2013 on 14th August, 2013 at 8pm IST.
While we predicted a 3-2 victory for Delhi Smashers, Joachim and Ashwini of Pune Pistons had other plans to spoil the Delhi party and upset the hosts 3-2 to win the opening tie of the IBL 2013 in the deciding match.
Krrish Delhi Smashers vs Pune Pistons – IBL 2013 Match Results
Winner: Pune Pistons
Player of the Tie: Sai Praneeth
- Mens Singles 1: Sai Praneeth of Delhi Smashers defeated Tien Minh Nguyen of Pune Pistons 21-16, 21-20 to give a good start to Delhi Smashers.
- Womens Singles: Juliane Schenk of Pune Pistons defeated Nichaon Jindapon of Delhi Smashers 21-15, 21-6 to help Pune roar back with their first point of the IBL 2013.
- Mens Doubles: Boon Hoeng Tan/Kien Keat Koo of Delhi Smashers defeated Sanave Thomas and Rupesh Kumar of Pune Pistons 21-13, 21-16 in the third match to give a 2-1 lead to Delhi Smashers.
- Mens Singles 2: Saurabh Varma of Pune Pistons defeated H.S.Prannoy of Delhi Smashers 21-16, 19-21 11-5.
- Mixed Doubles: Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Ashwini Ponnappa of Pune Pistons defeated Kien Keat Koo and Jwala Gutta of Delhi Smashers 21-19, 16-21, 11-3 to help Pune Pistons win the decider and also gain the valuable bonus point for winning the tie.
Delhi Smashers vs Pune Pistons Videos
Match 1: Tien Minh Nguyen of Pune Pistons vs Sai Praneeth of Delhi Smashers
Match 2: Juliane Schenk of Pune Pistons vs Nichaon Jindapon of Delhi Smashers
Match 3: Sanave Thomas and Rupesh Kumar of Pune Pistons vs Boon Hoeng Tan/Kien Keat Koo of Delhi Smashers
Match 4: Saurabh Varma of Pune Pistons vs H.S.Prannoy of Delhi Smashers
Match 5: Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Ashwini Ponnappa of Pune Pistons vs Kien Keat Koo and Jwala Gutta of Delhi Smashers
While it might turn out to be a Ashwini vs Jwala showdown, we are prediciting a Delhi Smashers victory. (Reasoning given below)
Players of Krrish Delhi Smashers in IBL 2013:
- Arundhati Pantawane
- Boon Heong Tan
- Diju V.
- Jwala Gutta (She is the Icon Player for Krrish Delhi Smashers)
- Kien Keat Koo
- Nichaon Jindapon
- Prajakta Sawant
- Prannoy H. S.
- Sai Praneeth B.
- Wong Wing Ki
Players of Pune Pistons in IBL 2013 are:
- Anup Sridhar
- Arun Vishnu
- Ashwini Ponnappa (She is the Icon Player for Pune Pistons)
- Joachim Fischer Nielsen
- Juliane Schenk
- Rupesh Kumar K. T.
- Sanave Thomas
- Sourabh Varma
- Tien Minh Nguyen
- Wee Kiong Tan
While on paper both teams appear to be strong, Delhi Smashers might have the edge over Pune Pistons. Here are some of the reasons:
- Mens Singles 1: Wing Ki Wong from Delhi Smashers will have to fight it out with Tin Min Nyugen if he plays him. If Delhi smartly escapes this one, he might win this hands down – but of course Delhi will lose the second one also very easy.
- Mens Singles 2: Sai Praneeth from Delhi Smashers might have to battle it out and carve this one, as it appears to be a close call here.
- Womens Singles: Juliane Schenk from Pune Pistons is going to have it her way, unless someone from the Delhi Smashers team spring up with a surprise (Arundhati?). So this point appears to be a foregone conclusion for Pune Pistons in this match.
- Mens Doubles: Tan Boon Heong and Koo Kien Keat are undoubtedly the best pair in IBL 2013 and hence will be able to win their Mens Doubles match hands down.
- Mixed Doubles: Diju and Jwala have already played together for many years and might be quite formidable to defeat, unless Pune Pistons come up with an idea of playing Ashwini along with Joachim. This is a close one and hence no clear winner here.
With two sure wins (Mens Singles 1 and Mens Doubles), Delhi Smashers just have to work hard enough to win either the second Mens Singles match or the Mixed Doubles match, which appears to be quite a possibility. Hence the thought is Delhi Smashers are going to win this one 3-2 over Pune Pistons. Lets wait and watch
Let us see how our Indian players ranked overall in the World Badminton Federation (BWF) rankings this week.
Not much changes in the total number from the previous weeks, just a few movements up and down by a position or two.
Here is a quick look at the rankings within Top 50 players in badminton world rankings
- Seven Indians in Mens Singles
- Two Indians in Womens Singles
- Two Indian teams in Mens Doubles
- Two Indian teams in Womens Doubles
- Two Indian teams in Mixed Doubles
We have Seven Indians in the top 50 Mens Singles players in the world this week.
- 13: Parupalli Kashyap has remain unchanged in 13th position.
- 21: R.M.V.Gurusaidutt remains unchanged on 21st position.
- 24: Ajay Jayaram also remained unchanged on 24th position.
- 36: Sourabh Varma has remained unchanged on 36th position.
- 40: Sai Praneeth remains unchanged on 40th position.
- 41: K.Srikanth remains unchanged on 41st position.
- 43: Anand Pawar also remained unchanged on 43rd position.
We have two ladies now in the top fifty women players in the world this week.
- 3: Saina Nehwal has remain unchanged in the 3rd position.
- 12: P.V.Sindhu has remain unchanged in the 12th position.
We have two mens doubles teams from India in the top fifty mens doubles players in the world this week.
- 40: Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar both are remains unchanged on 40th position.
- 44: Arun Vishu and Tarun Kona remains unchanged at 44th position this week also.
We have two womens doubles teams from India in the top fifty womens doubles players in the world this week.
- 27: Ashwini Ponnappa and Pradnya Gadre remain unchanged on 27th position this week
- 46: Aparna Balan and Siki Reddy remain unchanged at 46th position this week also.
We have two Indian teams in Mixed Doubles from India in the top 50.
- 30: Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa remain unchanged at the 30 th position.
- 41: Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan remain unchanged at at 41st position.
Lets hope we see more Indians in the top 50 in the future weeks.