Welcome to our live coverage of the Singapore Open 2013. We will be covering this tournament from the qualifying rounds on the 18th of June 2013 to the final day on the 23rd of June 2013.
Live Scorecard of the matches happening right now in the Singapore Open 2013 Badminton Tournament
(Live Scorecard: Courtesy tournamentsoftware.com)
21st June, 2013 – Quarter Finals
Saina Nehwal has crashed out of the Singapore Open 2013 with an unexpected loss to Lindaweni Fenetri of Indonesia in three sets. With this loss, all the Indian players have been defeated in the Singapore Open.
- Saina Nehwal lost to Lindaweni Fenetri of Indonesia 21-17, 13-21, 13-21. While the first set went neck and neck up to 11-all, Saina broke open the lead to maintain couple of points of lead all the time to win comfortably at 21-17. In the second set, Lindaweni pulled ahead to maintain the lead after it was 4-all at one point. She just kept building the lead and won the set comfortably 21-13. In the third set, from 3-all, Lindaweni got nine consecutive points to jump to 12-3 and from there Saina could never catch up.
20th June, 2013 – Round Two
Saina Nehwal advances to the third round. All other Indians are out of the tournament.
- Sai Praneeth lost fighting to Wei Feng Chong of Malaysia 11-21 21-17 16-21.
- Saina Nehwal defeated Erico Hirose of Japan in three sets 16-21 21-16 21-9.
- Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar lost to sixth seeded Baek Choel Shin and Yeon Seong Yoo of Korea 14-21 19-21.
- Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan lost to Praveen Jordan and Vita Marissa of Indonesia 10-21 18-21.
19th June, 2013 – Round One
Sai Praneeth in Men’s Singles, Saina Newal in Women’s Singles and, Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar in Men’s Doubles are the only Indians left in Singapore Open after the first round.
Sai Praneeth sends second seeded Yun Hu home in straight sets
- Unseeded qualifier Sai Praneeth has got into the habit of sending top players home in round one. In Indonesia, he sent Taufik Hidayat home. Now here in Singapore he has sent the second seeded Yun Hu of Hong Kong home by defeating him in straight sets 21-9 21-10.
- Anand Pawar lost to top seeded Pengyu Du of China 16-21, 13-21.
- Ajay Jayaram lost in three sets to fourth seeded Kenichi Tago of Japan, 19-21, 21-18, 17-21.
- Saurabh Varma lost to Wing Ki Wong of Hong Kong in straight sets 17-21, 17-21.
- Srikanth lost to sixth seeded Tien Minh Nguyen of Vietnam 21-19, 16-21, 12-21 in three sets.
- Gurusaidutt lost to Wei Feng Chong of Malaysia 21-15 18-21 9-21
- Seventh seeded Parupalli Kashyap lost to Takuma Ueda of Japan in three sets 21-18 20-22 15-21
Saina Nehwal advances to the second round
- Saina Nehwal defeated Juan Gu of Singapore 21-14 23-21 to advance to the second round.
- P.C. Thulasi lost in three sets to Lindaweni Fanteri of Indonesia 23-21, 16-21, 16-21.
- Arundhati Pantawane lost to Petya Nedelcheva of Bulgaria in straight sets 18-21 18-21
- Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar defeated Marcus Ellis of England and Paul Van Rietvelde of Scotland 27-25 21-17 in the first round.
- Aparna Balan and Siki Reddy lost Meng Yean Lee and Yen Loo Lim 21-18, 18-21, 6-21.
- Ashwini Ponnappa and Pradnya Gadre lost to Nithya Krishinda Maheswari and Greysia Polii of Indonesia 18-21 23-21 16-21 in a hard fought three setter.
- Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan defeated Songphon Anugritayawon and Kunchala Voravichitvhaikul of Thailand 21-17 19-21 21-12.
- Tarun Kona and Ashwini Ponnappa lost to Tontovi Ahmad and Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia 6-21 10-21.
18th June, 2013 – Qualifying Rounds
- Sai Praneeth B. qualified for the main draw. He defeated Mohammed Hafiz Hashim of Malaysia 21-13 21-15 in the first round. In the final round of qualifying Sai Praneeth over came Riichi Takeshita of Japan 21-12 22-20.
- K.Srikanth automatically qualified after many players pulled out of the main draw of Mens Singles
- H.S.Prannoy lost to Yong Zhao Ashton Chen of Singapore in the first round of qualifying in three sets 21-19 19-21 12-21.
- Arvind Bhat lost to Nan Wei of Hong Kong 21-19, 9-21, 15-21
P.C. Thulasi and Arundhati Pantawane won both her qualifying round matches to qualify for the main draw of Women’s Singles.
- P.C.Thulasi defeated Thi Trang (B) Vu of Vietnam 21-18 21-17 in the first qualifying round. In the second round, Thulasi over came Thailand’s Chochuwong Pronpawee in three sets, 18-21, 21-13, 21-8.
- Arundhati Pantawane defeated Russia’s Anna Astrakhantseva 21-5 21-10 in the first round . In the second round, she defeated Xiaoyu Liang of Singapore 21-14, 20-16.
- Manish Gupta and Gaurav Venkat lost in the first round of the qualifying match to Zheng Yi Kok and Keat Zhen Kong of 13-21 21-17 11-21.
- Jwala Gutta and Prajakta Sawant lost in the first round to Wei Han Tan and Dellis Yuliana of Singapore 20-22, 12-21.
- Arun Vishnu and Aparna Balan got automatic qualification into the main draw due to pull out of players in the main draw.
- Prajakta Sawant paired with Malaysian Mohammed Razif Abdul Latif and lost in the first round to Zhao Jiang Terry Yeo and Lei Yao of Singapore 16-21 20-22.
We have quite a few Indian players participating in this tournament.