SCG Thailand Open 2013 is going on in Bangkok in full swing with Indian shuttle players having mixed results. We will be bringing the full coverage on all the Indian players and their matches here regularly. Bookmark this page for the latest updates.
Latest Results on 8th June, 2013:
- K.Srikanth has reached the finals of the men’s singles event by defeating Thammasin Sitthikom of Thailand in the semi-finals 21-14, 21-18.
Latest Results on 7th June, 2013:
- K.Srikanth has reached the semi-finals of the men’s singles event by defeating Wan Ho Son of Korea 21-17, 21-18. He now faces Thammasin Sitthikom of Thailand in the semi-finals.
- H.S.Prannoy lost his quarter finals match to Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo 21-12, 21-19.
- Saina Nehwal has lost her quarter finals match to Juan Go of Singapore in three sets. 13-21, 21-12, 21-18. It was an evenly poised match with both Saina and Juan at 15 all in the third set, at which point Juan surged ahead with 4 consecutive points. Saina fought back to get three points and the score was 18-19. At this point, Juan took the two final points to win 21-18.
Latest Results on 6th June, 2013:
- Saina Nehwal entered the quarter finals by defeating Febby Angguni of Indonesia in straight sets, 21-12, 21-11. She will now face Juan Gu of Singapore in the quarter finals.
- Arundhati Pantawane has lost to fifth seeded Sapsiree Taerattanachai of Thailand, 21-16, 21-13 and is now out of the tournament.
- H.S. Prannoy defeated Anand Pawar 19-21, 21-13, 21-15 in three sets today. He will now meet Indonesia’s Wisnu Yuli Prasteyo of Indonesia in the quarterfinals.
- K.Srikanth defeated qualifier Hwang Jong Soo of Korea 21-11, 21-13 to reach the quarter finals. He will now meet Wan Ho Son of Korea in the quarter finals.
- Sai Praneeth lost 18-21, 21-16, 19-21 to Wisnu Yuli of Indonesia in the pre-quarter finals match today.
Results as of end of day 5th June, 2013:
- Saina Nehwal, the top seed in this tournament, defeated Shih Han Hung of Chinese Taipei in straight sets, 21-11, 21-16, in her opening round match. Saina now plays Febby Angguni of Indonesia in the pre-quarter finals.
- Arundhati Pantawane defeated qualifier Min Ji Lee to move to the pre-quarter finals.
- P.C.Thulasi lost her opening round match against third seeded, Porntip Buranaprasertsuk of Thailand in straight sets 21-14, 21-17.
Sai Praneeth, H.S.Prannoy, Anand Pawar and K.Srikanth have all won their matches to reach the pre-quarter finals.
- We have Sai Praneeth playing in one pre-quarter final in top part of the top draw, after having defeated the third seeded, Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka from Indonesia, in a tight three setter, 21-12, 18-21, 21-18. At one point in the final set, Sai Praneeth was trailing 10-15, but caught up well and went on to take four points consecutively to win 21-18. He now faces Indonesia’s Wisnu Yuli Prasetyo in the pre-quarter finals.
- We have H.S.Prannoy and Anand Pawar playing a pre-quarter final match against each other. H.S.Prannoy defeated fellow Indian and fifth seeded Ajay Jayaram 14-21, 21-16, 21-13 in the third round to enter the pre-quarterfinals. Anand Pawar won his third round match easily with his opponent giving a walk over when Anand won the first set 21-14.
- In the bottom half, we have K.Srikanth playing in one pre-quarter final against qualifier Hwang Jong Soo from Korea. Srikanth defeated Toby Penty of Indonesia in straight sets to reach the pre-quarter final.
- It is unfortunate that eight seeded Saurabh Varma lost to unseeded Korean, Wan Ho Son in the third round match in straight sets, 21-12, 21-17.