Upcoming matches on Day 2 of Swiss Open Badminton 2013
- MS Prannoy H.S(IND) vs Boonsak Ponsana(THA) 12:30PM
- WS P.V.Sindhu(IND) vs Ji Hyun Sung(KOREA) 05:40PM
- MS Dieter Domke(GER) vs Kashyap Parupalli(IND) 07:40PM
- MD Prannav Jerry Chopra/Akshay Dewalkar(IND) vs Bodin Issara/Sudket Prapakamol(THA) 07:40PM
- WS Saina Nehwal(IND) vs Sashina Vigneswaran(FRA) 09:10PM
Â Results and coverage of Day 1 Matches –
Prannoy H.S. won against Michael Lahnsteiner of Austria 18-21, 21-9, 21-12 in a three-setter to advance into the Second round of Swiss Open Badminton 2013.
The first set was a mix of twists and turns.Â At one stage, Michael was leading 13-6 when he took 8 continuous points in his serve.Â Prannoy tried to catch up with him and failed to do so losing the first game 18-21.
The next two games were one-sided and Prannoy was never really challenged by his opponent.Â He comfortably took the second game 21-9 and then a similar show in the third game 21-12 resulted in a victory assuring him a berth in the second round.
Srikanth K. lost to Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark 21-10, 17-21, 13-21 in the First round of Swiss Open Badminton 2013..
Srikanth K. displayed a wonderful attitude and a fine game against the fourth-seed Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark.Â He played a few amazing shots and clinched the first game easily 21-10.
Jan O Jorgensen slowly came back into the game and started playing to the opponents weakness.Â He clinched the second game after some brilliant rallies 21-17.
The third game was relatively easier and a steady display by Jan O Jorgensen saw him seal off the third game comfortably 21-13.
Kashyap Parupalli won against Hsuan Yi Hsueh of Chinese Taipei 21-7, 21-19 to advance into the Second Round of the Swiss Open Badminton 2013.
The first game was totally one-sided and Hsuan had no reply to Kashyapâ€™s gameplay.Â Kashyap comfortably won 21-7.
The second game was a much better one for Hsuan and he slowly gained his momentum.Â At one point, the scores were 19-19.Â Kashyap won the final to points to win the game 21-19.
Sourabh Varma Lost to Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka of Indonesia 11-21, 21-18, 23-21 in a hard-fought three-setter in the First round of Swiss Open Badminton 2013.
Sourabh started off cautiously and in the first three points, the game looked evenly poised. He then took a four-point lead and looked comfortable but Dionysius caught up to level the scores at 8-8. Thereafter there was no looking back, and Sourabh breezed away comfortably taking continuous points in his serve more than once. He took the first set 21-11.
Second set started with Dionysius looking more in control with an initial lead until Sourabh took 8 straight points to lead 9-5. However, Dionysius caught up again and levelled the scores at 10-10. Thereafter the game was evenly paced until 16-16. Dionysius took a three-point lead to race off to 19 and Sourabh tried to close the gap at 18-19 and Dionysius took the next two points to seal the second game 21-18.
Third set looked in favour of Sourabh initially for the first couple of points and then it was even all the way and was an absolute thriller. Sourabh saved two match points at 18-20 and levelled at 20-20. Dionysius took the next point and Sourabh saved another match point to level the scores at 21-21. Finally Dionysius emerged as the winner when he took the last two points to end the game at 23-21.
Qualification Round – Not a very great start for the Indian players in the Qualification round.
- Tanvi Lad lost to Shizuka Uchida of Japan 15-21, 10-21.
- Thulasi P.C. put up a fighting display, but lost to Olga Kondon of Germany 21-19, 17-21, 16-21.
- Arundhati Pantawane won her first qualifying match against Ya Lan Chang of Chinese Taipei 21-16, 21-15 but eventually lost to Sun Yu of China 14-21, 5-21 in the second qualifying match.
- Manu Attri/Sumeeth Reddy B. won their qualifying match against Yen Jui Lin/Chih Hao Wang 21-13, 10-21, 21-18 but eventually lost to Robert Blair of Scotland/Bin Shen Tan of Malaysia 13-21, 27-29.Â They fought hard in the second game but ultimately lost the match.